Hello Everyone! It’s been awhile since we have had a get-together for Ev’s charity, for the Love of Ev. Since last year’s ‘Shoebox Drive’ was such a success, we have decided to go for Round 2!! For those who couldn’t make it out last year, you can have the chance to participate and for those who did attend last year, we would love to see your faces again! There were also a few of you who made boxes but couldn’t join the actual event. We would be happy to have you contribute again!
What is the Shoebox Drive? It’s easy. We will order the shoeboxes for everyone who wants to participate in this event. Then we will come together and pack each shoebox with different items for kids (ages 5-9 years old). You can choose to pack a shoebox for a boy or girl OR why not for both? Each person is NOT limited to one shoebox. Find out more at the official website.
Mission: During this Christmas we want to carry-on Ev’s caring and kind nature by coming together to create unique Christmas gifts for children in less fortunate countries. We want to continue Ev’s footsteps and dreams in making a difference in the world one step at a time.
Goal: Last year, together with everyone’s generous support, we were able to reach our goal of sending Christmas gifts to 75 children. This year, we hope to repeat the same success and have 75 empty boxes ready to be filled!
Hope to achieve: 75 shoeboxes for 75 children this Christmas
Our Ask: Bring yourselves and bring your own shoebox items (we will also provide some items for you to place in your box, so don’t worry!). Please refer below for item restrictions. Each box will cost a minimum of $7 to ship. We welcome other monetary donations.
Here are some ideas for your shoebox:
Fill your shoebox with a well-balanced variety of items from the following categories:
- School Supplies–Items such as pencils, pens, pencil crayons, note pads, and picture books
- Toys & Other Gifts–Items such as stuffed animals, small musical instruments, hair clips, toy jewelry, t-shirts and socks
- Hygiene Items–Items such as facecloth, toothbrush, comb, and soap. Please place soap in a sealable bag
- Personal Note–Include a personal note and/or a photo in your shoebox (not inside the donation envelope)
DO NOT INCLUDE:
- Toothpaste (due to customs regulations)
- No Candy or Food
- Used items (due to customs regulations)
- Playing cards (other card games such as UNO are allowed)
- Liquids or items that could leak, melt, freeze, or break - Shampoo, creams, lip balm, bath gels, mirrors, or glass, etc. (these can damage other items in the shoe box)
- Items that can scare or harm a child - War-related toys, knives, and toy guns, etc.
- Using a backpack instead of a shoebox is problematic because it creates unfair circumstances at distribution events. Backpacks can also cause problems when cartons are being packed, and when shipments are going through Customs
Please respond on the Facebook event or in the comment section below, with the number of people in your party and the number of shoeboxes you would like to make. The deadline to register is OCTOBER 31st, 2015.
PLEASE PASS THE EVENT ALONG! Thank you :)
Ev’s Girls (June, Lily, Rachel & Rhoda)comments powered by Disqus